Friday, February 20, 2009

Late hate

1. I hate it when people don't look you in the eye when they are talking to you (or when you are talking to them). It seems they are looking for something else more interesting than you to talk/ listen to. If they are not interested, I would rather them say "Excuse me, I really need to go talk to this guy, or go use the bathroom, whatever" than to have your self-esteem plummet.

2. I REALLY hate it when it's your significant other pretending to listen to you.

3. I REALLY hate it when I can't tell my significant other that I DON'T like that. B/c then I'll start crying. Then I can't finish what I set out to say. I hate to cry in front of others when it's personal (I'll cry at a movie or email or whatever, but when it's personal, forget it, hate it). He asks me in front of the kids: You don't look happy, what's the matter? It's all I can do to say "nothing" and bang some dishes around until I go to the bathroom and cry.

4. I hate it when he pretends not to know what I'm saying (I am really horrible at verbal communication). And I know he knows what I'm saying, or what I want to say. Because, hell, if my sis-in-law, who I've known really well for 5 years can know what I'm saying, HE of all people should know what I'm saying or want to say, b/c we've been together for 25 years??? (Does this make sense, b/c it would sure make sense to my sisin law)!!
Is this a guy thing?? B/c I sure was hoping it was getting better, but it has detierioated (sp) since we got married (and esp. since we had kids).

5. I went to judge a Debate Forum this weekend. It was truly, wonderfully fabulous. Did anyone ask how it went when I got home? (crickets chirping).
Oh, wait, hubby asked (with eyes rivited on computer) "how'd debate thingee go? (I said ok, noticing he was otherwise occupied).
They only asked "What's for lunch?" "What are we doing today?".
I think this has been going on with me and others, for a long time. It's my own fault, too. It's time to change. I need to stomp my feet up and down. Get noticed. Have a hissy-f*cking-fit?? Whadyathink?

Ooops --- there's no hate thingee for number 5-- umm--how about "I hate it when there's no more beer in the fridge??"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home